Born in Pisa on June 15
Living in ROME (Italy)
Solution-oriented, quick learner, highly analytical and resourceful IT professional with over 15 years of technical troubleshooting end-user service, and hardware development experience. Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing technological solutions with emphasis on delivering cost-cutting and productivity improvements. Expertise in software installation and configuration, network implementation, and testing/repair of different hardware appliances. Proven ability to provide creative and effective issue resolution through the application of highly developed problem-solving skills. Team player with a reputation for providing excellent user service and the tenacity to work with demanding clientele. Fluency in both English and Italian languages
- I reached all company goals before the deadline, integrating 21 medical laboratories, changing all the laboratory information management system (sw & hw), and interconnecting them with the central LIS hub [Lifebrain S.p.A.].
- I improved the deployment of thousands of workstations to “Ferrovie dello Stato” optimizing the use of human resources and workspace, enhancing cloning procedures and technology, therefore tripling the number of workstations delivered monthly from 200 to more than 600 units [Infordata S.p.A.].
- I founded a company to supply high performances workstations to the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, and developed an accounting software, installed in more than 400 SNAI agencies. In 2008, I closed the company with a very positive balance [SHE Italia S.r.l]
- 2015/Present Laboratorio Analisi Guidonia – Lifebrain Group – Guidonia
– LIS Integration Engineer – IT Specialist
Deliver, set up, maintenance and integration of Laboratory Information Systems. Logical and physical network and interfacing between analysis instruments and clients/host servers. Employee training.
Troubleshoot computer hardware, operating systems and network connectivity issues.
Basic Windows Server administration maintenance (both physical and virtual).
Lab Analysis and Data Center environmental monitoring and relative preventive hardware maintenance.
- 2011/2014 Infordata S.p.A. – Rome
– IT Specialist
Managed and trained three PC technicians in deploying, delivering, upgrading and repairing desktops, laptops, and small servers.
Maintained an efficient working environment to quickly resolve customer’s issues and sales department needs.
Developed new policies and procedures that significantly expedited check-in and repair procedures, as well as deploying thousands of PCs. Analyzed technical problems, schedule assignments, and approved all completed work.
Intensive presale support; expert advice, needs analysis, costs/benefits analysis for long and medium term feasibility study, present final commercial offer to customer.
- 2009–2010 GruppoCM S.p.A. / SetecoCM S.p.A. – Rome
– IT Specialist
Data Center environmental monitoring and server hardware preventive maintenance.
Handle Desktop related support issues and Windows Server administration maintenance.
Desktop setup and configuration; data migration and backup.
Remote support with Remote Desktop Connection or through Raritan’s remote serial consoles.
Intensive presale support; expert advice, needs analysis, costs/benefits analysis for long and medium term, feasibility study, present final commercial offer to customer.
- 2005–2008 SHE Italia S.r.l. – Rome
– IT Technician & Help Desk Support
Development and installation of an accounting software installed in more than 400 SNAI agencies.
Troubleshoot computer hardware, operating systems and network connectivity.
Complete installation (from cable laying to the connections between appliances) of physical and wireless networks.
Extensive usage of Remote Support.
O.S. Migration from Windows XP to Windows VISTA and from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003/2008 Server.
Simple websites & blog implementation on WordPress platform.
- 2000–2004 CG Media S.r.l. – Rome
– Computer/Network Technician & Help Desk Support
Responsible for maintenance and repair of more than 200 desktop computers and 50 servers.
Remote desktop support through Symantec pcAnywhere.
Diagnose and repair hardware problems, troubleshoot technical problems.
Coordinate the reconfiguration of site desktop and server layout to remove all points of failure.
O.S. Migration from Windows 2000 to Windows XP and from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Server.
Maintain inventory lists and requisitions suppliers, materials and repair spare parts.
Development and application of new multimedia and IT technologies.
- 1999–2000 Themix Italia S.r.l. – Rome
– IT Technician Specialist & Training
Deliver, set up, network and interfacing (between instruments and/or host servers) Roche analysis instruments.
Perform on-site repair and preventive maintenance on computers, server, and Roche Instruments.
Diagnose and repair hardware problems, troubleshoot technical problems and install software updates.
O.S. Migration from Windows 98/ME to Windows 2000 and from Windows NT4 Server to Windows 2000 Server.
Diagnose and prevent Y2K issue through Microsoft Certified Patch & Fix, and through BIOS Updates.
- 1994–1998 Sailnet S.a.S. – Rome
– Hardware Technician & Help Desk Support
Design, assembly, installation, and maintenance of personal computers and small servers.
Diagnose and repair hardware problems, troubleshoot technical problems and install software applications.
Deliver, set up, and network large computer systems on Windows 95, 98 and NT.
Simple HTML website implementations through Microsoft FrontPage.
- 1998-2001 John Cabot University – Rome
(BA) Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
In detail, I attended the following courses:
MA198 Calculus I (Scioti)
MA208 Statistics I (Garrett)
EN101 Composition I (Besser)
EN105 Composition II (Neenan)
EN110 Composition III (Neenan)
EN245 Shakespeare (Neenan)
EN223 Survey of American Literature (Hamilton)
CS110 Microcomputer Applications (Sassun)
CS260 Internet Programming Technology (Vecchione)
CS310 New Product Management / E-Marketing (Patrick)
EC201 Principles of Microeconomics (Patania)
EC202 Principles of Macroeconomics (Merva)
EC399 Comparative Capitalism In US & Italy (Stupay)
BA201 Financial Accounting (MacNabb)
BA202 Managerial Accounting (MacNabb)
BA219 Legal Environment of Business (Harris)
BA301 Principles of Marketing (Fuller)
BA302 Principles of Management (Fuller)
BA304 Organizational Behavior (Shaw)
BA310 Operations Management (Panza / Carasol)
BA311 Finance (Merva)
BA360 Business Communications (Neenan)
BA399 Management Information Systems (Gazziano)
BA405 Business Policy (Copur)
BA327 European Business Practices (Ascani)
BA330 Small Business Management (De Rosa)
BA331 Ethical Theory and Business (Gaffney)
BA399 New Product Management / E-Marketing (Patrick)
PS101 General Psychology (Petrisi)
- 1990-1995 Santa Maria degli Angeli High School Institute – Rome
Scientific High School Diploma
- Operating Systems
Full competence (software & hardware) in the entire Microsoft operating system family, both in use, installation and configuration (even by remote):
Windows K2/XP/VISTA/7/8/10 & Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Office Automation
Microsoft Office (all versions)
LibreOffice (Document Foundation)
- Electronic Communication Systems.
WEB sites creation (WordPress)
Automation with E-Mail (Exchange), Chat, videoconference
Mobile: Android / IOS (Apple)
- Graphics & Presentations
Microsoft PowerPoint (Business Impact & Corporate Presentation)
- BackUp/Restore and Data Recovery
BACKUP: Windows Backup, Uranium Backup, Cobian Backup, FreeFileSync
DEPLOY: Acronis True Image (Home & Server). Norton Ghost, Clonezilla
RECOVERY: Recuva, Pandora Recovery, TestDisk/PhotoRec
- Design, assembly, installation, repair and maintenance
Personal computer with X86/X64 architecture (mono/multicore), both Intel and AMD
X86/X64 single or multi-processor multi-platform (tower/rack/blade/micro) server (mono/multicore), both Intel and AMD
Complete installation (from cable laying to the connections between appliances) of physical and wireless networks.
Installation and configuration of switch, router, gateway, access point and firewall.
Internet connection management, security and access control, exclusions and “trusted” lists.
Hardware and software configuration of personal computers to be operating (domain and/or workgroup).
- Remote Assistance
Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop
[click here for details]
- Brocade – Accredited Internetworking Specialist
- CISCO – Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) – PENDING
- CompTIA – Strata IT
- CompTIA – A+ (Ce)
- CompTIA – Network+ (Ce)
- CompTIA – Server+
- CompTIA – IT Operations Specialist [CIOS]
- CompTIA – Network Infrastructure Professional [CNIP]
- CWNA – CWTS (Certified Wireless Technology Specialist)
- D-Link – DCS WLAN (D-Link Certified Specialist: Wireless)
- EIPASS – DPO (Data Protection Officer)
- EIPASS – IT Security
- Exin – ITIL Foundation V3 (Syllabus 2011)
- Google – Eccellenze in Digitale
- InfoCert – Certified E-mail (PEC)
- InfoCert – Digital Preservation
- InfoCert – Digital Signature
- InfoCert – Electronically Invoicing the Public Administration
- Microsoft – MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft – MTA – Cloud Fundamentals
- Microsoft – MTA – Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- Microsoft – MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Microsoft – MTA – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Microsoft – MTA – Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft – MTA – Security Fundamentals
- Microsoft – MCSA – Windows 8
- VMware – VCA-DCV – VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization
- VMware – VCA6-DCV – VMware Certified Associate 6 – Data Center Virtualization
- TECHNICAL COURSES
BROCADE UNIVERSITY – Internetworking Fundamentals for Brocade Training
INFOCERT LEARNING – Certified E-mail (PEC) Course
INFOCERT LEARNING – Digital Preservation Course
INFOCERT LEARNING – Digital Signature Course
INFOCERT LEARNING – Electronically Invoicing the PA Course
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Learning Path: IT Pro Fundamentals
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Da VMware a Hyper-V o Microsoft Azure
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – OneDrive: Store, Sync, Share
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Licenze di Windows Server 2012 R2
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – What’s New in Windows® 8.1 for IT Prof.
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – SMB: What’s New in Win 8.1 for IT Prof.
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Troubleshooting Windows 8
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Windows 8.1 To Go
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Preparing for the Windows 8.1 MCSA
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – The basics of information security
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Win 10 Tech. Pr. Fundamentals for IT Prof.
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Nozioni fondamentali su Windows 10
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Getting Started with Win. 10 for IT Prof.
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Best of Build and Windows 10
MICROSOFT VIRTUAL ACADEMY – Win. 10 Distribuz., gestione e sicurezza
PROMETHEO – Basics Of Programming
PROMETHEO – Basics Of C# Programming
VMWARE EDUCATION – VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals
VMWARE EDUCATION – VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals V6
VMWARE EDUCATION – VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals
- ACADEMIC COURSES
JCU – CS110 Microcomputer Applications (Sassun)
JCU – CS260 Internet Programming Technology (Vecchione)
JCU – BA399 Management Information Systems (Gazziano)
JCU – CS310 New Product Management /E-Marketing (Patrick)
- SALES CERTIFICATIONS
COMPUTER GROSS ACADEMY – Art Of Selling
COMPUTER GROSS ACADEMY – Telesatisfaction
FASTWEB – Small Business Training Course
FUJITSU – DI-SAL-WBT – Dynamic Infrastructures Sales Course
FUJITSU – PY-HE-PRE – PRIMERGY Highend Presales Course
FUJITSU – PY-PRE-A – PRIMERGY Pre-sales Advanced Course
IBM – M222 Tivoli Enterprise Asset Management Sales Professional V2
IBM – M668 Tivoli Enterprise Asset Management Sales Professional V3
IBM – M638 Lotus Notes & Domino Sales Professional v2
IBM – M656 ICS SmartCloud for Social Business Sales Mastery Test v1
IBM – M643 Information Management Solution Sales Mastery Test v4
VEEAM – Veeam Sales Professional, Veeam ONE VMSP
VEEAM – Veeam Tech Professional, Veeam ONE VMTSP
VEEAM – Veeam Sales Professional, Veeam Backup & Replication VMSP
VEEAM – Veeam Tech Professional, Veeam Backup & Replication VMTSP
VEEAM – Veeam Sales Professional, Veeam Backup & Replication V7 VMSP
VEEAM – Veeam Tech Professional, Veeam Backup & Replication V7 VMTSP
Foreign languages (English)
- Laurea Degree at the John Cabot University of Rome
All the exams (written / verbal / presentations) have been taken in English.
Besides, I attended the following English courses:
EN101 Composition I
EN105 Composition II
EN110 Composition III
EN223 Survey of American Literature
- 1998 Intensive courses at the John Cabot University of Rome.
ALP II (now called “Enlus II” English Language for University Studies) to access to academic courses, in place of TOEFL.
- 1997-1998 Intensive Course at the Shenker Institute of Rome.
- Science and Technology;
- Health and Fitness;
- Motorcycle sport;
A (motorcycles, from 14/05/2003)
B (cars, from 11/09/1995)
4 (Italian Red Cross)